Buxton & Collie, LLC, offers legal counsel for both businesses and individuals. From entity structuring to real estate transactions to estate planning, we are well versed in all areas of business law. Founded in 2010 and located in Mt. Pleasant, SC, our law firm has been assisting individuals and businesses locally, nationally and internationally for the past decade. We enjoy learning about our clients and crafting solutions for their particular needs. Our team of attorneys is friendly, experienced and dedicated to their craft, with topnotch credentials, outstanding track records and numerous accolades. We look forward to meeting you!
- Review and analyze abstract and title documents in order to assist in preparation for residential real estate closings
- Review loan documents from lenders for the purpose of preparing residential real estate closings
- Draft closing disclosures, deeds, affidavits, legal descriptions, HUD, and other required closing documents.
- Establish, organize and maintain files, closing documents, document binders, and lists
- Prorate taxes and other property assessments
- Conduct research and locate tax information, zoning, development regulations, and other information
- Assist in the preparation of closings by preparing executable closing documents, disbursement requests, and correspondence
- Serve as a liaison between clients, realtors, lenders, abstractors, title underwriter, and attorney
- Maintain and balance incoming and outgoing closing funds
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constrains
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating legal matters
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical, mathematical, or spelling errors
- Excellent organization, prioritizing, and multitasking skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, in person, over phone and via email
- Ability to remain professional and courteous during stressful circumstances
- Must work well in a collaborative legal team environment
- Minimum 3+ years job experience as a residential real estate paralegal.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients.
ADA and Equal Opportunity
Buxton & Collie (B&C) does not discriminate employment to anyone based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. B&C is an equal opportunity employer for all employees and provides a safe, family oriented, work environment free of discrimination of any kind. B&C does not discriminate against Americans with disabilities and maintains compliance in accordance with the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 , as amended by the American with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008, and state Human Rights Act requirements.